I was able to watch some fireworks from our deck last night. I have this love/hate relationship with fireworks. I love the colors and shapes but really hate the noise they make. I hate those really loud booms that don't make any color. Why make those? What point do they serve? Except to make me flinch each and every time!
I don't understand how you can pack powder into a tube and it makes different kinds of fireworks. Especially those that have shapes like smiley faces. Let's see if we can find some interesting shaped firework photos.
Here is a list of the different kinds of fireworks:
- Chrysanthemum: a shell type of display that explodes like a round star with a tail effect.
- Crackle: this sounds like loads of firecrackers going off at one time.
- Crossette: this firework seems to have two different explosions as the first causes the stars to burst followed by the stars bursting again in a criss-cross motion.
- Fish: as this explodes, the sparks almost seem to float away from the centre.
- Horsetail: this is a waterfall display where the explosion happens quite close to the ground and the trail can be seen as the stars explode above it.
- Hummers: whizzing or humming in the sky just before the explosion.
- Kamuro: this almost looks like the top half of a jelly fish.
- Palm: as this firework explodes it is designed to actually look like a palm tree with a trunk and tendrils exploding above it.
- Peony: similar to a Chrysanthemum but without a tail.
- Ring: this display creates a ring and can sometimes include a heart or a face inside it.
- Whistle: this sometimes piercing noise sounds like a very loud screech.
Have a great day!